JioStar and the International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday clarified that JioStar will continue as the ICC’s media rights partner in India under the existing 2024–2027 agreement and has not withdrawn from the contract. The broadcaster will air upcoming ICC events, including the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup scheduled for February.
In a joint statement, the ICC and JioStar dismissed recent media reports suggesting that the rights agreement had been terminated. “The existing agreement between the ICC and JioStar remains fully in force, and JioStar continues as the ICC’s official media rights partner in India. Any suggestion that JioStar has withdrawn from the agreement is incorrect,” the statement said.
The clarification follows reports that the ICC had approached other broadcasters such as Sony Pictures Network India, Prime Video and Netflix for future media rights from the 2026 cycle. Industry observers had also pointed to financial pressures on JioStar, which reportedly doubled provisions for expected losses from onerous sports contracts to ₹25,760 crore in FY25.
Addressing these concerns, the joint statement said JioStar remains fully committed to meeting its contractual obligations and delivering uninterrupted coverage of ICC events. It added that preparations for upcoming tournaments are progressing as planned, with no impact on viewers, advertisers or industry partners.
While JioStar is contractually bound to continue the partnership until 2027, industry experts have indicated that the broadcaster may seek to renegotiate the deal value or assess changes in the ICC’s media rights pricing for future cycles.
The ICC and JioStar said they remain in regular communication on operational and strategic matters, with a shared focus on growing the sport and delivering world-class cricket coverage to fans across India.

